The Holocaust Education Video Toolbox is designed to help educators teach the Holocaust. The focus is on methodological and pedagogical suggestions that aid with this often daunting task, as well as practical materials and discussion points for classrooms and groups - hence the name, Video Toolbox. In choosing the various topics, we have drawn on our experience with a global audience of teachers at the International School for Holocaust Studies at Yad Vashem.
The videos are divided into 4 main sections:
- Fundamentals: These videos lay out some of the foundations of Holocaust education as we see them at the International School for Holocaust Studies at Yad Vashem.
- Witness Testimony: These videos detail the various uses for testimony and testimony films in the classroom.
- Online Resources: These videos focus on items on Yad Vashem's website, demonstrating their various educational uses.
- Published Materials: These videos profile some of our published educational materials, demonstrating how these might be used in the classroom.
The Holocaust Education Video Toolbox is a project of the Educational Technology Department at the International School for Holocaust Studies, Yad Vashem, and is supported through the generosity of Jan and Rick Cohen, USA.
Films produced by Mikooka Productions - www.mikooka.com
Site developed by Yad Vashem Information Systems and the Educational Technology Department, ISHS, Yad Vashem
- Internet Department, Commemoration and Public Relations Division, Yad Vashem
- Yad Vashem Archives
- Yad Vashem International Institute for Holocaust Research
- Yad Vashem Museum Collection
- Yad Vashem Art Museum Collection