Names of men, women and children identified in the photographic display in the Holocaust History Museumat Yad Vashem
In creating the permanent exhibition for the new Holocaust History Museum, one of the many elements Yad Vashem sought to introduce was the emphasis on the fate of the individual during the Holocaust.
Identifying the men, women and children who appear in the photographic display restores names and identities to unknown faces, thereby rescuing them from anonymity.
Since the new Museum was inaugurated in 2005, survivors and individuals have come forward and identified themselves, their relatives and acquaintances in the photographs on display.
This site presents the names of those who have been identified in the new Museum display.
In cases where the same individual has been identified differently by different people, all relevant identifications have been included.
For further information click here.
An underground unit of the French Jewish Scouts Movement on parade in their honor at Castres. Southern France, April 21, 19443
Rabbi Avraham Abba (Armin) Frieder, one of the leaders of the Working Group, with the Jewish Committee in the Novaky concentration camp, Slovakia, 1942-1944
Members of the Hazit Dor Bnei Midbar Youth Mmovement in the Lodz Ghetto conducting a memorial assembly, Poland, 1943
Fani Haim is bidding goodby to her family members at the time of their deportation to Auschwitz-Birkenau extermination camp through Larissa city. Ioannina, Greece, March 24, 1944
Members of La Sixieme Jewish underground rescue network that operated in southern France, Châlus, France, 1944
Young Holocaust survivors in a children's home established after the war. Hilversum, Holland, 1946
A group of girls and their counselor in a children's home under the auspices of the French-Jewish organization- OSE (Oeuvre de secours aux Enfants). Chateau de Chaumont, France, 1943
The Reisenstat Family members, who were deported to Warsaw from the town of Raciąż at the beginning of November 1939, and were housed in a synagogue building. Warsaw, Poland, 1940
To see more pictures click here»